Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wedding Flowers

Peonies....one of my fav's!!!


So one of the things I have been most excited for during this entire wedding process is picking out wedding flowers. I think that gorgeous flowers can completely transform a room into something magnificent and completely fabulous.

So the last couple of weeks I have been meeting with various florists determining what we were going to do for our wedding. Oh man were the ideas flowing!! It was so fun!! I could just picture it in my mind. Absolutely incredible!! Although I would love to splurge and just go crazy i decided to try and do some things that would decrease the cost (i.e. adding lots of pretty greenery, or hydrangeas which are very full and take up lots of space while still being wonderful, taking the flowers from the ceremony and use them at the reception, etc.). After all of these things I figured, oh flowers cant be that expensive. I even thought that after our meetings we would be so far under our budget that I would be able to add more.

So a few weeks pass and I keep looking at pictures and trying to come up with new ideas, since after all its not going to be that expensive and I will be able to add tons more. Oh no, no, no!!! Was I soooo wrong.....talk about sticker shock!! I got the estimates back yesterday and I have to CUT things out, there will be absolutely no adding! Its just insane to imagine paying so much for something that is just going to die in a few days. So sad, but the wedding will still be wonderful no matter how many flowers we have.

1 comment: