Monday, January 18, 2010

Current Chaos


One of my fav's: The night JC proposed

This week has been an insane one filled with happiness, laughter, sadness and frustration.....

It started off with..... JC and I deciding to put an offer in on a house that we found for a great price and absolutely fell in love with. It had everything we wanted: a fabulous location, big enough for us to grow into, and something that we could work on: updating and making our own. It was a very rushed and scary process (I mean you are basically signing your life away) but in the end we were so excited and could not wait to hear if they would accept our offer. Owning a house has been a dream for both of us our entire life.

After that crazyness I started my 7th out of 8 clinical rotation for Physician Assistant (PA) school. It was really exciting because we had just come off a 4 week vacation and I was ready to get back out there doing what I love....helping people. It was also exciting because I am finally in the home stretch of my clinical rotations.....only 3 months left!!! Graduation id April 17th and I can't wait!!!

On top of those two fun things, I am also trying to plan JC's and my wedding. I just found a DJ and am working on choosing a florist (have it narrowed down to two). I have absolutely loved picking out flowers and working on the design of the reception and ceremony. So fun!!! I am also trying to send out STD's and work on collecting reception decor. Here is a sneak peak at some of the pictures I took my inspiration from:

Ok well maybe not since I cannot figure out how to put pictures on this dang thing. Maybe you will be lucky enough to get a sneak peak in the future ;)


So after that fun start to my week it ended on a very different note....

We heard that they did not accept our offer on the house and actually accepted someone elses. JC and I are both very disappointed as we both loved the house! But we figured if it didnt work out then it was not meant to be and we will find something that is even better than this one.

Then I had a very challenging and frustrating week with my rotation. It is a inpatient internal medicine rotation and the patients are all very sick and had several issues making their diagnosis and treatment very complicated. It made me realize I still have a long way to go in what is going to be a life long learning process. Medicine is something that you learn to perfect through out the years, not something that a text book or a class can teach. Like everything in life it is unfortunately a trial and error process. It was a very humbling week and helps to remind me that I still have a long way to go in my education.

Then after all that frustration, I learned that we are still having issues with my wedding dress. It is a very long story and I wont get into it now, but lets just say it is very very frustrating and annoying and the LAST thing I wanted to have to deal with this week. Especially after we had thought it was over with.

As everything in life, some days are good and others not so much, but its each day that makes us a stronger and better person than we were the day before.



2 comments:

  1. Booo, I am sorry the house didn't work out! You will definitely find something better! So excited about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new bloggers!! I'm sorry about the house, but it just means there is something better out there for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete