Monday, February 22, 2010

Oops.....

So I knew it wouldnt take long before I started neglecting my blog, but I was hoping I would hold a little bit longer. Oh well I am going to try and jump back in!!!

Not to make excuses or anything but life currently has been a tad hectic. I just finished my Internal Medicine Rotation and learned so much! It was such a great expereience!! Now I am currently down in ABQ, NM for a week of testing. While yes this is extremely miserable, it is also extremely exciting. This will be my last trip down here (well except for Graduation, but that doesnt count because it will be an exciting trip!!) AND it means I am that much closer to graduation!!! In approximately 7 weeks I will be graduating PA school!! I have waited for this day for a LONG time and now that it is here it doesnt seem real. Weird how that works!

While most people know I am not a huge fan of ABQ but there are a few things down here I do miss! For example Hatch green chili's. They are INCREDIBLE!! The are grown and roasted locally and are so delishious. They also have THE BEST enchilada sauce! Unfortunately this is one of the only places they sell it. Needless to say my suitcase will be packed with cans of green chili on the flight home :)


They also have some of the best wine! It is made at a local winery called St. Claire's and it is wonderful! Not to mention some good sushi (I know sushi in NM??) and Ayleigh's and my favorite restaurant Il Vacino. Its our lunch time tradition: margarita pizza with a side house salad. These are just a few of my favorites...funny how it all revolves around food!

While I bitch and moan about ABQ and having to spend the majority of the last 2 1/2 years of my life here, there are good memories here and it will be missed (well lets just say A FEW things will be missed). :) None the less I am excited to close this chapter of my life and open a new one: being thrown head first into the "real world".....yikes!!! I think I am up for a rude awakening!

No comments:

Post a Comment